The recent presidential race has become one of the most publicized in American history. From both candidates participating in debates to touring the country and the world to gain support for their own campaigns, Obama and McCain have taken over the media spotlight. The vice-presidential debate was even more prominent than ever before.
I have watched these many media inquiries and debates, but I sometimes wonder whether it's all necessary. The majority of Americans are not going to vote at all, and the ones who do may not even know where their candidate stands on the issues at hand.
For me, I have studied out both of these candidates and find them to both have some good and bad qualities about them, but I sure think that we could have chosen better candidates. I don't like either of the candidate particularly well. When things like this happen, it makes it difficult to make a decision. I know I will vote because I have the power to and should exercise that power, but I feel I have no conviction about the issues or the solutions either candidate has for them.I find it sad that in these troubled times, we as American citizens picked two men who have no real solutions to the problems facing us today. Because of all the publicity and controversy I find it hard to understand where the candidates are really coming from. They have both used ineffective communication to portray their messages. They stooped so low as to attack and criticize each other because neither one of them has enough respect for the other. If they had respect for each other they would be able to present the issues they each disagree on without resorting to destroying each others reputations. But I guess that's politics.
Politics are full of miscommunication to the public. It's difficult to watch this happen and for most of America be misinformed about the people they vote for. I hope that in my endeavors as a communication major I will be able to help change this distorted view.
2 comments:
Make a Stand!!!
My point isn't to make a stand on either side. I don't like either of the candidate and therefore I'm neutral.
Post a Comment